Thursday, March 31, 2011

Points North's April Issue On Stands Now!

Pick up a copy of Points North’s April issue or check out our interactive magazine to read my article about Cane Creek Farm (page 20), a certified naturally grown farm in Cumming. The best part of my job is the opportunity to uncover local gems such as this and to meet people like owner and farmer Lynn Pugh, whose passion for growing chemical-free produce for her community is incredibly inspiring.

After meeting her and touring her farm, I was so excited about her community supported agriculture (CSA) program that I recruited my friend Caroline to team up with me and join for the summer season. I cannot wait to start receiving my share of Cane Creek’s weekly harvest this May! The anticipation of all those farm-fresh fruits and veggies is so strong, it actually pains me to buy produce at the grocery store in the meantime. Expect many more posts about my CSA involvement to come!

Also in April, check out Food for Thought (pages 64 - 69) for my official review of Oyster Bay Seafood Café in Lawrenceville (the place with the euphoric French fries), and my review of Cumming Fish Market, which hasn’t had a dedicated post here on Impeccable Tastes, but could have, if only for it’s deliciously unique take on Key Lime Pie. (Maybe they’ll give me the recipe so I can try it out myself and write about it...)

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment